This is the most powerful and advanced Polilight raleased to date. Building on the successful PL500 series of forensic light sources, Rofin Australia has improved and added new features to make this undeniably the most desirable light source yet. Improvements has been made in all aspects of the alternate light source. A new user interface had been designed for intuitive and direct control of all the main functions using 3 dials.
A boost mode is available for short periods of time for when extra power is needed. The new variable speed fans are now computer controlled to rotate at optimum speeds. This means a more quiet and pleasant work environment for the forensic investigator. Three memory buttons are available to store your favourite settings and recall them automatically.
Direct control of all essential functions
A completely new user interface is introduced in the new PL550XL. All controls are easily accessible through 3 rotary dials. The main dial is used to select the wavelength which can be used to step through the bands or rotated to jump from one band to another.
Two smaller dials allow power and tuning setting to be selected. All three parameters can be read on large LED displays.
New wave lengths
The PL550XL comes standard with 13 bands including the new Rupul Band for the enhancement of Ruhemann's purple coloured nindydrin prints.
• Higher output, a new boost mode for increased output
• Direct control of all essential functions
• Intelligent fan speed controller; cooler lamp and less noise
• Easily accessible power standby button and 3 user programmable pre-set buttons
• Built in mounting point for light guide holder
• Improved power supply for longer lamp life
• 13 band widths of light including a Rupul filter for ninhydrin developed prints